Saturday, June 12, 2010

First blog post/ last night in Middletown

So I've officially started my blog for while I'm in Israel! (trumpets and thunderous applause) I will try to remember to update this blog at least once a week so I can keep everyone in the loop. This way it'll sort of be like I never left! (sort of....) So this is my last night in Middletown and I have to say, emotions are a bit weird for me right now. Whether I was living here or going to school in Ithaca, this was pretty much my home base for my entire life. This will be the first time that I'll be making a move as big as this. I'm feeling a bit anxious; I've never been across the Atlantic before and the farthest I've been away from the States was Canada, so this is a pretty big deal. I will definitely miss my family and friends, both in Middletown and in Ithaca. I'm hoping that I've made the right decision to take a year from graduate school. I just need to figure some stuff out about what I really want to do and, more importantly, who I am. It's crazy, I haven't even left Middletown yet and already I miss everyone. I will be leaving Monday morning from JFK at 12 P.M. and will be arriving in Tel Aviv 5:30 A.M. Israel time (woah crazy seven hour time difference!) From then I'll be on my birthright trip for 10 days and then, I'm off to Mayanot yeshiva for the year. I hope to learn a lot create a lot, and figure out the answers to some questions. In the mean time, I'll get a pretty sweet trip out of it. That's all for now. Less than 48 hours to go!
kisses,
Zach/Michael (my hebrew name)

No comments:

Post a Comment